Friday, January 28, 2011

January 28th - Weekly Rewind

Wow! January is almost over. I can't believe it. As predicted, it was another busy week, but a good week. Here's a glimpse of our week:

  • Friday night and Saturday we had our tax prep training for VITA. Clint and I were feeling a little overwhelmed because there just seems to be endless possible scenarios. However, we have books and people to turn to. We worked Monday evening on passing the basic certification exam (must have it to do tax prep). We'll need to take the intermediate exam next as we will also periodically be reviewers at the site as well. Tuesday was show time! I did three returns and they were all pretty straight forward and I enjoyed working with the people, all of them very nice. Poor Clint had a couple of difficult returns to do, but he survived. So, tax prep will be our weekly ritual on Tuesday nights for awhile.
  • I finally jumped into choir on Sunday and got to sing in the 9:30 morning service and the evening Family Worship Service. I loved it! It's great to be back in choir. Sunday was just a great day at church, Clint and I both are excited about our new church home. I love how Mobberly wants you to be connected and puts the info out there. And as soon as we joined, the volunteer coordinator quickly got us working a church event. At our previous church, this was something we didn't see. I just love being engaged, active, meeting other Christians, being able to help others and know that others have my back as well.
  • I had to miss choir this Wednesday to go to Tyler so that I could be with my fellow East Texas Triathletes officers to present a check to The Hospice of East Texas and the Whitehouse Fire Department who are the beneficiaries of our Rose City Triathlon. Then, we had a meeting to discuss our upcoming race. It's going to be BIG this year as we will be hosting the regional championship. John Cobb wants to get a bid in to host the NATIONAL championship someday too. Wow! Anyway, I honestly don't have much involvement with the planning of the race, but we are looking into adding a youth race this year and I'm going to be looking into that.
  • I had a lunch meeting with my Leadership Longview class on Thursday and we're still trucking along on our project. We have some serious fundraisers in the group! I can't believe how much money our class has already raised! We had an additive alternate for our projet and I'm really thinking we'll be able to do it too. Amazing!
  • We submitted our formal application to Buckner on Thursday too!! I am a little concerned because it asks for birth certificate numbers and mine is missing! I mean I have my certificate...even the tattered original, but the location for the number was never filled in! I took a copy and hopefully that will suffice. I didn't have any issues with my certificate when getting my passport.

And here we are! Going to the Merge Conference at church tonight, working the Boat, RV, and Camping exp on Saturday, and then church/small group activities on Sunday. Oh, and hopefully some workouts in there somewhere...this week was pretty light on the workout activity, sigh.

1 comment:

Mikki said...

Yeah for the possible kids tri!! We are going to try and make the boat and RV show too...maybe I will see you there!