Monday, January 17, 2011

Item 1 - Check!

Our 'pre' application to Buckner was approved! We are also cleared to take the PRIDE classes starting on February 5th.

Now, for Item 2 which is the 'formal' application. We have to get this in by the first day of PRIDE. The application really isn't that big of a deal. I'm having to look up some things and call family members on a few questions, but for the most part, nothing too brutal yet. My biggest beef is the financial table they have at the end...we have a budget that we keep up with and it's a bit more detailed than their form so I need to work on how to simplify ours to work with their form to make sense out of it all.

I'm so glad to finally be making some forward progress and am super anxious about the PRIDE classes. I am ready to learn!

Oh, and change of subject, I worked the 3 yr old class (with another girl, Kellie) yesterday and things went fairly well. We had a big class and with us being new, we probably got ran over a little bit more than the other teachers, but we'll learn. For the most part the kids were really good, but there were a couple that are definitely a couple of stinkers! Ha! Cute, but trouble! We had a new girl to the class who cried over missing her mom. Broke my heart. She eventually settled down and was the absolute sweetest. We were trying to clean up towards the end and she quickly started helping with no prompting. In the end, Kellie and I definitely felt like we got our workout in for the day! There was no sitting still! I can't wait until next time, though!

2 comments:

Mikki said...

Congrats on moving forward in the long process! Glad things went smoothly for you in the 3s class. Clara would be the little girl crying...what am I talking about. Cullen still goes into her class with her so she will go and have fun! Ha!

Foster Mamalion said...

Congrats! It is an exciting journey! I can't wait to meet you in person. We will more than likely be at one of the classes so I'll get to meet you then!