Thursday, December 30, 2010

Setting the Foundation

Last night I destroyed Christmas in our house. Took a few hours, but I almost enjoyed it because I bought some great bins to store my ornaments in and I'm all about organization. Clint laughs at my obsession with it. The house is so empty looking now, we really need some decorating help! But I am happy that everything is now back in its rightful place.

With Christmas down and put away, the year is running out, which makes almost everyone reflect on the year. For so many people, evident on facebook, it was a bad year. If you talk to just about any of our family members, it was a horrible year. For us, however, I would say it was a great year! Nothing really earth-shattering, especially in others eyes; we didn't go on any great trips or do any big races. It wasn't a year of birthday milestones or really any other milestones so to speak. In fact, most of our friends and family think we are crazy because well, we didn't do a whole lot of anything because we were 'paying off debt.' Man, do I know they got sick and tired of hearing that from us! Wanna go out to eat? Nope, were out of money in that envelope. When are you going to get another car? Why, when our cars run just fine. You have such a little TV and, gasp! You don't have sat. or cable! The TV works, and we're not paying for junk.

I'm calling 2010: The year we Set the Foundation. We may not have accomplished anything major in 2010, but we layed the groundwork to have successful, God-driven lives ahead. We tackled a lot of financial goals that will allow us to foster/adopt and provide for our needs without stress and worry. We joined a new church where we feel much more connected and pushed to learn more. We made so many Christian friendships which will also help us in our spiritual journey. Expanded our volunteer work and hope to dig even deeper in the years to come. So, I'm proud of our 'boring' year and can't wait to see what the future holds!

1 comment:

Foster Mamalion said...

Good for you! You have set your goals and you are not being swayed by the world! Little or big TVs don't make it into heaven. Sounds like your year was JUST right!