Friday, February 25, 2011

Art of Strength

Art of Strength is the name of the fitness class that I am taking. However, the instructor and classmates refer to it as Titan Training, which definitely sounds much more rugged and manly like :) I've been three times so far and I am hooked! Absolutely love it! It really is everything I was looking for: high intensity, great strength, fast paced, constantly changing, etc. I am also liking my fellow classmates. Most are Army guys. Everyone is extremely encouraging and pushes each other, which is what I need. I don't need someone whining next to me because then the next person starts whining. It just brings down the energy.

It's also nice to be in a class of people who have different goals and excitement. I've been doing triathlon forever and know to get excited over certain times, distances, events that it's sort of become old news to me. These guys have a total different set of goals and I like hearing about them. Makes me want to do something 'tough'! What that is, I have no idea! Ha ha. I just feel like I should be doing some crazy obstacle course with like a 50 lb pack or something. It's just a refreshing change of pace/course and I like the group atmosphere. I had become quite the loner in triathlon training due to the TRAINING PLAN which must be followed.

I'm also down about 18 lbs since January 1 and I'm starting to feel good in my skin. I almost feel like I have a whole new wardrobe since I can fit into so many clothes again. Now if I can just gain some muscle! :) Someday I'll be able to do lots of push-ups...real push-ups. Right now, not so much.

No comments: